Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Teddy bear

It's been too long since the last post...I've been in kind of a funk the last little while. Not exactly a creative funk because the ideas are still swimming around my head, but the follow-through just isn't there. Anyway, here is a loveable bear that I made after I made the booties with the same yarn. I can't even tell you for sure what pattern I used and the yarn is Norwegian. I know that he was not knitted flat. That would require way too much "finishing" for me and I really like my items to be more complete when I'm done my knitting. I'm happiest with no seams at all. So he was knit on double pointed needles (not sure why he is a "he" when he's purple with a fuschia sweater). The sweater was knit with manos del uruguay yarn and the pattern came from my head. It was also knit completely in the round, from the neck down, I believe. More knitting to come...I've been on a hat kick and have my first fair isle project to show for it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: