Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hats

Hats are lots of fun to knit. Seamless and quick. The first will end up being a gift to a one-year old sometime in the future (it fits Carolina, but too boyish for my little girl). I originally knit it for my nephew Danny, just turned 2, but I thought it was a little small with not enough room to grow. (I used pattern "Kim's Hats" from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts and yarn Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted)


So here's the next hat, a size bigger. Too small for Tim (nearly 3), but fits Danny just fine. This is my first attempt at fair isle. Really pretty fun and not hard. (I used pattern Madison's Hats, but with a ribbed brim rather than rolled. I think the rolled brim looks kind of girly; made with the same yarn as above). There is one more hat on the needles, it will be the same fair isle (I think), but a little bigger for Timmy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: